Invisible Bead Hair Extensions
Starting at $650
$30 Consultation Fee (Credit toward extension service if booked with 14 days.)
Extensions add volume, shape, length and can be colored to match your existing style perfectly. We can achieve this with NO damage to your real hair. Sounds fantastic doesn’t it?
We are proud to offer the Invisible Bead Extension Method. This luxury method is created by custom coloring the extensions to blend seamlessly with your natural hair. No tape, glue, bonds, or bulky wefts. Whether you’re looking to add volume, length or both, we have you covered with Invisible Bead Extensions. They are comfortable and invisible, allowing you to confidently rock whatever hairstyle you desire. Unlike other extension methods, there is no heat, glue or tape involved. The method is strictly a sew method, which helps keep the integrity of your natural hair. All of our hand-tied extensions are 100% human hair therefore they can be colored, dyed, curled etc.
The benefit of hand-tied extensions is the flexibility the method allows you to have. You are able to seamlessly put your hair up, whether trying out a new hairstyle or heading to the gym. Hand tied hair extensions lay extremely flat and are undetectable in average density hair.
Depending on the growth of your natural hair, you will need to get your extensions moved up every 6-9 weeks or so. However, when you go in for the second time, you will get the rows moved up rather than purchasing new hair each time! The hair is re-usable, taken out and reinstalled every few months. With the proper maintenance the hair can last up to ten months.
The experience begins when you fill out the interest form. Once our stylist reviews your form we will be contacting you to schedule your consultation. Once your consultation is scheduled, we will meet in person and discuss your lifestyle, maintenance, and hair extension desires. We will then custom color your extensions using multiple formulas and wefts to create a beautiful, seamless blend.
Next comes the install. The actual installation generally takes about 45-60 minutes per row, with 2 rows being average. Finally, we will cut your new hair to blend with your natural hair, and finish off with a beautiful polished look and an Instagram photoshoot.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Step 1: Complete the interest form.
Step 2: Our fabulous stylist will reach out to you within 48 hour to set up a 30 minute consultation appointment. This initial consultation investment is $30.
Step 3: Come in to discuss your lifestyle, hair goals, and maintenance with our stylist.
Step 4: Book and pay 50% of your installation appointment.
Please understand that this extension service starts at $650 depending on your hair needs. The maintenance of hand-tied extensions requires a move up appointment in about 6-10 weeks and that will start at $150. With proper care, these extensions can last up to 10 months.
AFTER CARE TIPS
To ensure each guest has the best experience possible we recommend the After Care Tips below. Please make sure to call your Service Provider if any questions or concerns arise.
- Brush hair thoroughly with extension brush before getting in shower.
- Use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Use clips to clip up top of hair and shampoo using scissor motion above and below extensions.
- Condition ends thoroughly.
- Repeat 1-2 times per week and use dry shampoo on other days.
- Gently squeeze excess water out of your hair. Do not rub.
- Use leave in conditioner or oil.
- Brush through with wet brush or wide tooth comb (make sure bottom to top of wefts are tangle free).
- Let air dry 80% of the way, use heat protectant, and dry hair.
- Never dry hair upside.
- Can braid and let air dry.
- When brushing make sure to hold sewn area with one hand and brush with the other.
- If you have to use heat use heat protectant thoroughly.
- Can curl/flat iron extensions just like your own hair.
- Wear in high pony/bun or low pony/bun. Never where mid way pony straight back to prevent pulling of wefts.
FOLLOW UP SERVICE/APPOINTMENTS
- 7-10 weeks between move ups (first move up appointment will be 7 weeks).
- $150 per row (wash and style not included).
- Can schedule wash and style, hair color, or treatments along with move up appointment.
- Extensions can last up to 6-10 months depending how well you maintain and treat your hair.
- Nutriplenish shampoo and conditioner.
- Nutriplenish leave in conditioner.
- Sham powder dry shampoo can be used on top of head around part. Avoid weft installation point.
- Heat relief thermal protect.
- Brilliant emollient finishing gloss.
- Make sure to ask stylist about any other products if you are unsure if you can use or not.
- Brush thoroughly.
- Apply oil to ends.
- Put in high ponytail, bun, or braid.
- Satin pillowcase to prevent matting and reduce frizz.
- Never go to bed with hair wet (will cause matting and mold).
- Get hair wet with bottled water or fresh water from shower.
- Apply deep conditioner.
- Loosely braid.
- Rinse hair immediately with fresh water after swimming.
- Avoid sunscreen with Avobenzone. It can turn hair peach colored and result in having to buy new extensions. (Bare Republic is a great brand for sunscreen.)
TIPS & TRICKS
- Less heat the better!
- Try braiding when wet and air drying during the day or let air dry most of the way then you can dry smoothly with blow dryer.
- Stretch out days between washes.
- Use dry shampoo around part line.
- Treat extensions like your hair, but better.
- Find your routine/rhythm and you will love your new hair!
*Please note that eating disorders, certain medical condition, extending time between recommended services, doing any chemical services at home and or failure to follow these tips, may cause less than optimal results.
Got questions? Check out our answers to frequently asked questions below. You can also call us at (812) 491-8332 to speak with our team directly!
How much do extensions cost?
The price for extensions varies greatly. Since it is such a customized service, it really depends on a variety of factors. We determine our prices by the amount of hair that you currently have, the amount of hand tied wefts and rows needed to complete your look, the desired length versus your current length, and lastly by the color service needed to achieve your goals. That being said, someone with fine hair, wanting to just add a little fullness and maintain their color will be a very different price than someone with thicker hair wanting to add several inches of length and drastically changing their color. Its best to have a consultation in person to give you a personalized quote.
How much more maintenance will they be? Can I still have an active lifestyle?
Maintenance can be a subjective conversation. It really depends on how much you were doing before and how much hair you are adding. Technically, one row will be less maintenance than two or three rows, however, it doesn’t have to be more work than you think! In fact, at times it may be less work for you! Extensions can hold their style for days, so if one day you have to spend a little more time styling, it may last you several days after. Since the extensions are tied on without adhesives, working out or getting your sweat on daily is total non-issue. You really CAN have the best of both worlds!
Will extensions damage my hair?
Whenever we modify our hair, there is always the potential for damage. However, we know that with proper maintenance and brushing you are able to wear hand-tied extensions for a very long time with no damage to your hair or scalp. Invisible Bead Extensions is incredibly safe for your hair with its foundational methodology. With proper maintenance from you at home and with my experience, we have a safe way to give you the hair of your dreams!
What kind of products do I need to use?
We recommend using high-quality, professional products only on your hair, whether or not you have extensions! Of course at Solaris, we strongly recommend Aveda. We will have these all on hand for your convenience to purchase when you come in for your appointment. They are super lightweight but leave the hair feeling very conditioned and shiny. You will leave with a fabulous at home care kit that will support you for in between visits.
How often do I need to come in? How long does the hair last?
Invisible Bead Extensions (IBE) usually requires a move up about every 8 weeks. Some clients prefer to come in at 7 weeks, some clients are fine with 10 weeks. Your first move up appointment will be scheduled for 7 weeks after the initial install. The hair will last anywhere from 6-12 months. This is quite a range because a lot depends on you! Over brushing or too much heat can cause wear and tear on your hair. But if you take amazing care of it, it can last quite a long time!